SC - Rosewater

Northon emrys at gte.net
Sun Jul 27 15:28:35 PDT 1997

> Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 01:45:42 EDT
> From: tuckers323 at juno.com (Carla S. Tucker)
> Subject: Re: SC - rosewater
>
> On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:39:43 -0500 (CDT) nweders at mail.utexas.edu (ND
> Wederstrandt) writes:
> >        I find rosewater and orangeflower at liquor stores since they
> >are occaisionally used in mixed drinks.
>
> It is also available at Trader Joe's for people who live in the West.
>
> Carla
> tuckers323 at juno.com

Hello to All,

Let me introduce myself...I'm Tamsin de Lesseley of Seabeck.  I live and
play in the Incipient Canton of Wyewood located just south of the Barony
of Madrone in the Kingdom of An Tir...that's about 20 miles south of
Seattle, WA.  I have been a paying member of the SCA for a little over
ten years, and I have tried a little "period" cooking in that time.  I
have been publishing the Canton's newletter (The Wye's Mouth) every
month for two-and-a half years and I try to include a period recipe and
a redacted form of that recipe in each newsletter.  Recently, I've
become *much* more interested in period recipes and redacting those
recipes.  Both my husband and I attempt to do a little cooking or
redacting nearly every weekend...now on to what I'd like to comment
about...

My husband and I took a quick trip this afternoon over to the new Trader
Joe's located in Federal Way, WA...I looked for the rosewater to no
avail.  I asked the store manager and he told me that Trader Joe's has
not carried rosewater in any of its stores in Washington state for over
a year.  There may still be some old bottles on the shelf in some of the
stores, but the stores will not be restocking or reordering this item.
So you folks in Washington state are out of luck as far as Trader Joe's
is concerned.

Isn't that the way it usually goes?  Just when you think you're on to
something, it fizzles out.  Oh, well.

Does anyone out there know how to make rosewater?  If so, could you post
the recipe to the list?  I would be most appreciative.

Yours in Service,
Tamsin de Lesseley of Seabeck
mka Lori Rael Northon