SC - Re: "Novice Only Redaction"

Wed Jul 30 17:44:19 PDT 1997

  Are there some generally accepted definitions for some of these cooking
  terms like pul and drawe?  Also, when I read some recipies I don't
  recognise even one of the spices mentioned.  Is there a list of these
  spices and herbes that are translated, and have todays equiv's?  If
  someone has something like this how about posting it for us so very
  newbies trying to get started out with our first redactions! (or is this
  cheating?  VBG.)

I believe the Madrone Culinary Guild prints a fine one: but I don't have it.
I tend to borrow my friends Oxford English Dictionary, and use the
glossaries in the backs of the cookery books, and also rely heavily on
herbals.

Sometimes I just screw it up.  Like the time I didn't know what viands were,
so I made up a meaning for the word.  Made a kind of fish pizza, that
time... Ooops.  Tasty, but a screw-up.

	Tibor