SC - Parsley

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 31 09:18:08 PDT 1997

Marisa Herzog wrote:

>                       RE>>SC - Parsley                             7/31/97
>
> Parsley is very high in iron and therefore "good for you".  It might be used
> for garnish, because it is supposed to be good for your digestion (one of
> those lore things that has been lost, but the stuff still shows up on the
> plate).  Also- it is only supposed to grow well in the garden of a place where
> there is "true evil"- I can't find the source I got this from, but have never
> had a problem with parsley growing well...  ;)
> -brid

Another aspect is probably the fact that parsley has plenty of
chlorophyll: it is greener than many other edible plants. I gather that
it is widely believed (with justification) to sweeten the breath, which
might be part of why it occurs so frequently in combination with garlic.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com