SC - Siege Cooking

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Thu Jul 31 11:12:30 PDT 1997

> This is what I would serve:
>
> 1st course:
> Bread on the table
> Water with a bit of the lemon in it
> Salad
> Herring Quiche
> Egredouce
>
> I would serve out some raisins and currants soaked in wine.
>
> 2nd course:
>
> Bread
> Water with lemon
> Roast Chicken
> Pork Quiche
> Fried Greens
> Have the servers serve out glasses of the wine
>
> Third course:
>
> Bread
> Water with lemon
> Roast Pork
> Onion Pastries
> Quiche with the greens
>
> Murkial  (waiting nervously)

Very nicely done, Murkial!

The only problem I see is that no French Count would stand for just drinking
water.

Give him all of the left over wine with the warning that was all there is
(unless he has a private stock and the wine listed was "kitchen wine") and
threaten to give him just water if he drank it up in the early stages of the
meal.

That little quibble aside, very nicely created.  I guess I'll have to re-read
the ingredients and take a stab at it sometime.  (grumble...grumble)

Yers,

Gunthar