Re- SC - Novice Only Redac

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Jul 31 14:33:08 PDT 1997

> Zounds: you did a better job than I did!  I just boiled the fish.  But I
> think you are right, to make a fish stock with the head, boil and then
> serve.

Thank you for the wonderful compliment.  I decided to boil the head for two
reasons. First was I couldn't figure out what "drawe hem at the throt" could
mean. The other was that I was told to skim the broth.  Since the only
ingredients mentioned were salt and water which don't cause a foam I deduced
that "Drawe hem at the throt" meant "cut off the head" and boil.  It was the
skimming that did it for me.

Thank you for this. I asked in an earlier message after reading this first
message about why you skimmed it. Now I feel like less of a fool or ignorant
cooking newbie since you apparently also had questions about this. I'm afraid

that I did miss the point about making the broth with the head, even in your
redaction. Reading too fast, I guess.
<<<<<<

> I didn't flake the perch: I just removed the frame.  I used chopped parsley
> (not really knowing what foils of parsley were.

Also thank you for not knowing what "foils of parsley" were either. I feel
better.  Although your idea could be correct I wonder if "foils" means just
the stems chopped. (?)

I think these questions and interpretations are the most important part of
this exercise.

Stefan li Rous
<<<<<

> 	Tibor