SC - canning

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Jul 31 22:40:30 PDT 1997

Lord Ras said:

I have 3 dozen jars of vegetables and soups, stewa, lamb, chicken, beef, pork
that I am bringing to War. When canning those items the ONLY SAFE way is to
pressure can meats and items with meat in them for 90 minutes at 10 lbs.
pressure. Vegetables are pressure canned for 30-45 mins. at 10 lbs. pressure.

Do you do this in a pressure cooker? Or is there a special device
needed for this pressure canning?

Thanks.
   Stefan li Rous
   markh at risc.sps.mot.com