SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #183

KandL Johnston woodrose at malvern.starway.net.au
Sun Jul 6 15:40:51 PDT 1997

david friedman wrote:

[snip]
> Elizabeth had an article in (I think) the most recent T.I. on camp cooking.
> We have a fair number both of recipes that are reasonably easy to do and of
> recipes for period things that keep, including one pickled meat recipe. We
> decided years ago that a cooler was not only out of period but a nuisance,
> and have never regretted abandoning it.

This is of great interest. While we have ony been period camping for the
last couple of years, we have had a cooler, and you are quite correct,
it is a nuisance. But a week is a long time. We can handle breakfasts,
no problem. Lunch, we like to have a bit of cheese. and dinners, well my
husband loves to have a bite of flesh. All this, to my modern minds
means a cooler.

What type of meals, preperation do you make to handle a week?

- --
Rudolf von der Drau and Nicolette Dufay
Baron and Baroness, Stormhold

. . .But our mums know us as