SC - gold leaf

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue Jul 8 10:05:03 PDT 1997

Derdriu asks:

>Now, to create another topic -- Has anyone tried using gold (or silver) leaf
>to decorate foods?  Beyond potential toxicity and cost, what other factors
>have lead to the lack of experimentation?  I want to try this, but first
>decided to see if anyone else has tested the waters.

There was a discussion about this on the Rialto just before this mail list
started. I placed several of these messages in this file in the FOOD section
of my SCA Rialto Files:

sotelties-msg     (72K)  5/21/97    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.

As for price and other information on working with gold leaf, you might
find some of this info in this file in the SCRIBAL ARTS section:

gold-leaf-msg     (18K)  3/ 7/96    Working with gold leaf, tools.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

I have pasted two of the messages about gold foil being edible below.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com