SC - Are creations period?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jun 19 09:54:45 PDT 1997

Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> >Ever read "Motel of the Mysteries", by any chance?
> >
> >Adamantius
>
> OH, yes! A wonderful book detailing how far off one can be with
> assumptions!  I still laugh about his wife wearing the toilet seat and
> bowl brush!  ( A take-off of the wife of  [oh, what's his name,
> Schlemmer? Found Troy?]

Heinrich Schleimann, I believe.

 who was photographed wearing a necklace from the
> jewelry found around the site)  And I loved the premise of all of America
> being buried under 3rd class mail!  Very funny, and very true.

I think my favorite was the part about the Outer Burial Chamber, the
temple of worship at the glass-faced altar, where the celebrant reclines
on a cushioned dais, gazing into the crystal, occasionally getting up to
summon the gods by slamming his hand on the side of the altar:
apparently there were handprints on the side of the TV, where irate
motel guests had slammed it, hoping to improve reception.

That, and the early scene where the head of the expedition looks though
the little peephole in the motel-room door, which is a spoof of Howard
Carter's opening of the tomb of Tutankhamen. "Yes! Things...wonderful
things!"

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com