SC - Like an Oak

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Mon Jun 2 07:56:34 PDT 1997

       In liquer recipes, what do you use as a neutral spirit?  I have heard
       that some people use vodka.  Are there others that work?

I have used vodka.  Other items I have known to be used include brandy, pure
alcohol diluted to half strength, fortified wines and rum.  I think that is
the list.  I cannot tell you with authority which is more accurate for what:
I'll leave that to Adamantius, the man with most of the answers. (:-)  Or, I
can check with some brewer friends that I trust heavily.

	Tibor