SC - Mediterranean Feast

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Mon Jun 2 08:31:48 PDT 1997

     I am doing my first feast in September at Mooneschadowe Guardian.  I
     want to use a mediterranean theme but I am having a hard time with
     vegetables.  I am planning to do a marinated fresh vegetable platter
     as a first course but I haven't been able to find a vegetable dish I
     like to put with either of my meat courses. (Lamb meatballs with a
     yogurt sauce and chicken in a lemon sauce)  I'm considering using a
     greek style salad (olives and feta) between the two meat courses to up
     the green content of the feast (as well as provide some coolness to
     the meal - it's hot here in September!).  Does anyone have any other
     ideas?  I really want to stick to things that would have been eaten in
     that region.  About the only other things I'm considering are a
     chick-pea dish or a spinach dish but I'm afraid there may be some
     hesitation on the part of the populace.  Thanks!

     Also, because of a shift in jobs I missed about 3 1/2 weeks of cooks
     list.  Talk about withdrawal!!  How can I get the digest from the
     period I missed?

     Mercedes