campfire recipe suggestion (was: SC - Period Recipes)

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at ki.se
Thu Jun 5 21:20:28 PDT 1997

On Wednesday, June 4, Aelfthrythe of Saxony gave a recipe for
brain sausage.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to try this item or not, but I will show
my ignorance of cooking and ask some questions:

1) What do you mean by "poaching" something? In cooking, not hunting.

2) "others I wrapped in the liver kromski recipe"? Huh? I thought this
was another sausage. Do you mean a different casing?

3) What is "caul fat"? Do you just smear this on the sausage? Or perhaps
wrap it in some kind of cloth after you smear on the fat?

4) How would you smoke the sausage? How long? How do you know it has
smoked long enough?

> The mix as it now stands will bake well as the above says,
>but I put it in sausage casing, poached it and then panfried some of it
>in butter. others I wrapped in the liver kromski recipe, wrapped that
>in caul fat and smoked. Will send the liver recipe later.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  markh at risc.sps.mot.com