SC - Reconstructing recipes (was: All Members)

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Fri Jun 6 05:11:00 PDT 1997

'ello folks. Aoife here. I've noticed some of you have swiped my soap box.
Normally I'm a peace lovin' gal, but I hav to say that I'm having trouble
with all this theology. I divide my SCA-Cooks Digest issues into two
categories. Those I trash, and those I file. I havn't  found too many
recipes to file lately, nor too many food debates to file. Therefore, lots
and lots of K are being deleted. This takes up my time and energy, not to
mention the down-loading and storage space on my computer till I can get to
all these endless naratives.

PLEEEEASE get off of this " me too" bandwagon and talk about food again.
Trust me when I tell you that you're beating a dead horse. What we want is
something constructive here.

Now: a FOOD question:

I once read an MS that gave instuctions to "carve a radish in manner of a
rose" or some wording remarkably similar. I can't find it now, but seem to
remember it was French. Anyone remember this? Anyone else come across
directions to  carve vegetables to look like other things? I'm wondering how
old the garnishing art is. I'm not talking about sweets and sotelties here,
just veggies and fruits.

Enquiring minds need to know.

Aoife