SC - Sugar, Flour and Bread (Longwinded;)

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Fri Jun 6 08:14:59 PDT 1997

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 5-Jun-97 Re: SC - Period
Recipes by rebecca tants at servtech.c
> Just a thought - I can't imagine there not being something like this
> somewhere in all of period cooking.  Aluminum foil is out, but what
> else might have been used.  (My mind went straight to mexican and
> american indian cooking in corn husks and mediterranian cooking in
> grape leaves, btu I'm at a consulting job in another state and won't
> see my cookbooks again until at LEAST Sunday...)

In the Fruit, Herbs and Vegetables of Italy, Castelvetro mentions
roasting peaches in the coals wrapped in damp paper--"Some people eat
peaches cooked, wrapped in damp paper, and roasted in the ashes--These
really are very nice".

toodles, margaret