SC - Period Recipes

Robin Hackett robin.hackett at wadsworth.org
Fri Jun 6 10:03:26 PDT 1997

> From jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu Fri Jun  6 10:38:03 1997
>
> Gunthar, please tell me if I'm right out of line, but it seems to me
> that some humorous anecdotes of stuff we've come up with while trying
> to redact and weird things that have happened at feasts would be
> worthwhile as a little seasoning on this list.  Count me as one who
> enjoys cooking, whether in the SCA or not, and someone who is
> interested primarily in reading about redactions and cooking
> techniques to improve my own feast preparation, tourney cooking and
> overall SCA food creation; I've been following some of the discussion
> about "what is this list really for" and I regret seeing that people
> must feel bad one way or the other.  Maybe if we had some occasional
> stories of roads we wandered down with our re-creations, it would
> become more obvious to all readers that we can laugh at
> ourselves--that we can have fun, learn, and have fun by learning.
>
> More in another post.
>
> Berengaria

Of course it's not out of line.  Part of the reason for this list is to share
expiriences, mistakes, grand discoveries and just bond with the other crazies who
feel interpeting obscure references and then cooking intimate dinners for 200 is
"fun".

As long as the discussions stay within the framework of cooking, research, and the
Society in general I have no heartache.

Yers,

Gunthar
(Evil list Administrator)