SC - Torta of Herbs(Cariadoc's Miscellany) question

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Jun 6 16:04:53 PDT 1997

>What other sorts of beans were available in Europe?  (I don't guess I could
>possibly be lucky enough that pinto beans were .... or any kind of "brown
>beans"?)

Fava beans are the only beans I have heard of that exist today that were
eaten in the middle ages.

In a related question, what kind of pea is meant when a recipe calls for
peas? Many of the recipes call for a green or grene pea. However some
just mention peas. Is this the standard green peas I buy canned/frozen
today, some of the brown peas I can buy canned or something entirely
different?

Clarissa