SC - carbonadoes

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jun 6 21:46:58 PDT 1997

<<
         I recently bought a "cinnamon" ginger plant and have been
 diligently growing it, (It's still too small to pull a tast yet.)  Now I
 know cinnamon does not come from ginger (wink) but after looking through an
 exoic plant catalog and looking thorugh all my books I can't find any
 reference to it.  Nor does the nursery have much info on it Do any of you
 know anything about ginger enough to hazard a guess as to what it will
 taste like?

 Clare St. John

      ????? This is a new one on me! As far as I'm aware, ginger-the-spice is
a tropical or near-tropical plant and all the flavor is in the roots, which
take several years to reach harvesting size. What does your plant look like?
Is there any chance it's a variety of scented geranium? Those do come in a
huge and ever increasing array of spice scents..........

   Ldy Diana