SC - Inquisitions, authenticity, etc. (LONG)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Jun 7 01:36:19 PDT 1997

At 11:07 AM -0500 6/6/97, maddie teller-kook wrote:
>Margaret..
>
>I agree 100%. It is important to plan out the taste and textures
>involved in a feast as well.  One doesn't want to have everything taste
>the same...how boring.  Having a complex, simple, sweet and savory
>flavors in one remove or dinner makes for a more interesting meal.

1. One way of avoiding this problem is to do the whole feast as a rehearsal
dinner for about eight people--say one table. Diners consist of the cooks
and the autocrat and anyone else you feel like. It gives you some feel for
where problems are likely to appear in cooking the feast, although the
scale difference conceals some potential problems. It gives you a chance to
see how the dishes go together. And it gives you a signal of serious errors
in quantity--if one thing vanishes and another has lots of leftovers, not
because people don't like it but because they don't like it in the quantity
you thought they would, you can alter your plans accordingly.

2. "Remove" is not the period term for course, SCA usage to the contrary.
"Course" is the period term for course.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University