SC - Messages in Digest Form

Aonghas MacLeoid (B.G. Morris) hylndr at ionline.net
Sun Jun 8 16:48:12 PDT 1997

On Friday, June 6, Aelfric said:

>I know that they are not cheep, about $50.00, and that they are heavy
>(what, about 5-10lbs for a good sized one) and they take a little
>care as they will rust if not cleaned out properly, but I think it is
>a must for any camp cook.

Those interested in seeing what others have to say about caring for
cast iron cooking equipment might want to look at this file:

iron-pot-care-msg (23K)  8/ 7/96    Seasoning and caring for iron pots and
                                       skillets.

Info on when iron cooking implements came into use and other comments on
historic and SCA cooking utensils can also be found in this file:

utensils-msg      (68K)  9/ 9/96    Utensils, plates, trenchers, cast iron
pots.

Both of these files can be found in the FOOD section of my SCA Rialto Files
at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com