SC - Period Islamic Cooking

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Jun 10 23:53:54 PDT 1997

Greetings All,
Does anyone have documentation for goats'milk cheese in period? I have some
secondary for Classical Greece and Rome, but that's not enough. I seem to
remember seeing an article on the history of cheeses in a magazine (possibly
Food &Wine) but can't find it. I have a friens who raises goats and makes
wonderful cheese, and she would like to enter it in Art-Sci, but can't find
anything reliable for dates and places. Help please?

Thanks,
Ceridwen

P.S.  Oh, and BTW, I found the method for making vinegar... its the last
entry on the page from the "Old Icelandic Medical Miscellany" in His Grace's
Collection!!!!!!