Re(2): SC - Caffeine in period

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Thu Jun 12 07:20:12 PDT 1997

leslie vaughn wrote:

> On the same line, is there any alternative to the almond milk frequently
> present in period recipes?  (Yep, another allergy)

I don't think that there's anything else that does what almond milk does
without causing similar problems to somebody else. On the other
hand...almond milk is often mentioned as a substitute used on meatless
days (can never get straight the difference between fish, fast, and
ember days, at least not at 6AM with no tea in sight) for milk or cream
"of kine". I suppose the substitution game goes both ways, and that you
could use milk or cream as a substitute for almond milk, depending on
what you're doing with it.

Adamantius