Re(2): SC - Caffeine in period

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 03:51:24 PDT 1997

The usual objection I hear to Fabulous Feasts is that the author not only
does not document her recipes, in some cases she invents them.
Specifically, some SCA people apparently cornered her somewhere and asked
about the source for her parsley bread recipes. Her answer was that
medieval people liked colored foods. I haven't worked from it, but I gather
that she nowhere distinguished that recipe, which she apparently invented,
from ones she got from sources, nor gave the originals so that one could
check her.

So far as availability of other sources at the time is concerned, I am
reasonably sure that _Two Fifteenth Century Cookery Books_ predates
_Fabulous Feasts_ by quite a bit.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/