SC - Islamic Ingredients - request for info

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jun 13 17:48:55 PDT 1997

<< Do you (or does anyone else) have instructions on making this kind of
 coffee, and perhaps an idea of how far back it goes?

 --Bill, new to the SCA and as yet unnamed in Ansteorra
 (bills at aurora-gas.com) >>

Wellll!!!!! As they say in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" ....here I go
again! No research...no documentation.... Basically, I serve and breww coffee
this way.......

Ras's Coffee
- ------------------

 3 level tblspns groud coffee per 4 oz water

Bring water to a boil. Add coffee. Stir. Cover tightly. Remove from heat.
Leave stand 8-10 minutes. Strain into small cups. Float 1 pat (e.g. 1 tsp.)
 yak, goat, or sheep butter ( I substitute 1 pat regular unsweetened cow
butter bought in West Virginia because this tastes more like butter than any
butter available in the continental United States). Sip slowly in small
amounts. Particularly tasty with gold-leaf covered dates. and lamb kabobs.

Surprisingly this is actually very tasty and I use it in my home occasionally
for a special drink for guests.. However, I assure you that if your tastes
run toward the more mundane, you will be served accordingly. :-)

If your coming to war let me know privately and I will open my camp to you.
:-)

Lord Ras (Uduido at aol.com)