SC - camping recipes

tegan@swbell.net tegan at swbell.net
Sun Jun 15 08:51:17 PDT 1997

<< Scuse me...an off topic question, but I am laboring under the impression
 that we consider "Period" to be 600 to 1600, for Purists, and to 1650, to
 include Cavaliers. Anybody? Am I wayyyyy off? >>

This was my impression and certainly is, with the correction that "official"
SCA policy does NOT include a starting date, the position of the BOD.
However, since sooking techniques and spicery under went a very pronounced
change after 1550 C.E.  there is probably justification for declaring an
earlier date with regards to Medieval cookery. :-).

Just my .02 worth.

Lord Ras.