SC - Epicious (sp?) and decedent roman feasts....

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Mon Jun 23 13:06:56 PDT 1997

Lord Ras said:

<< As for me and several others on this list, we were off "eventing" this
 weekend. I spent the weekend at Will's slaving in the kitchen >>

As one of the people who was lucky enough to be able to eat the results of
Ras' "slaving in the kitchen", I must say he made an excellent job of it.
 Four courses, three to four dishes per course, and I don't think there was
more than a half-hour wait between any two courses.  We had four newbies at
our table and they all loved it.  The eel and salmon dish was marvelous (for
those of us who  like fish; those not too keen on fish didn't care for it, of
course.).

His last course was "a roste of Roc who feedeth her young on elephants".  It
was emu - one of the best things I can think of to simulate a giant bird
with.  It was absolutely delicious.  They paraded one of the cooked emus
through the hall on the way to carving it.  Very impressive.

Bronwyn