SC - Mediterranean Feast

Alys of Foxdale foxdale at wolfstar.com
Mon Jun 2 20:42:36 PDT 1997

>        About the only other things I'm considering are a
>      chick-pea dish or a spinach dish but I'm afraid there may be some
>      hesitation on the part of the populace.  Thanks!

You shouldn't worry about that so very much; yes, they have a slight
weirdness factor, but I was at an event a couple of months ago that
served a spinach dish that literally ran out.  The trick is just to
set out some bread so anti-vegetarians have something to occupy them
(somehow they don't seem to realize that bread is not meat! ;> ) while
the omnivores and vegetarians have at your spinach and peas!

In short -- if you don't serve it forth, nobody will eat it.  If you
do serve it forth, somebody will eat it.  If you're worried about how
many people will eat it, make smaller portions.

>      Also, because of a shift in jobs I missed about 3 1/2 weeks of cooks
>      list.  Talk about withdrawal!!  How can I get the digest from the
>      period I missed?

Try looking it up at ftp.eden.com in /pub/sca/archive/sca-cooks-digest.
It worked for me when I lost connectivity a few weeks ago.

>      Mercedes

   Alys of Foxdale          Shire of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
 mka Sallie Montuori               Chantilly, Virginia, USA
foxdale at wolfstar.com