SC - Period Recipes

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Mon Jun 9 07:27:02 PDT 1997

<<The objective is to get the person looking through the cookbook. . .>>

But what is one to do when there seems to be very little recorded information
on the region of interest?  I know it would be easiest to do period recipes
from Western Europe, but I can't quite do it.  i guess i'm just too stubborn
and want to stay true to my region. (Hungary specifically, but I'll take
anything from Eastern Europe).  this is thge whole reason I do horribly
non-period cooking, except for my one period Hungarian recipe.

And perhaps I'm missing the boat but isn't the 1500's part of the time period
we are reconstructing?  If so, what is wrong with using New World ingredients
that were introduced and used during that time?

Fekete Hollo Noemi