SC - Will's- A Salat of Herbes

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Mon Jun 9 11:18:35 PDT 1997

A Salat of Herbes

        I present you with my personal attempt to create a salad in the
Medieval manner after studying various sources including sca-cooks at eden.com.
Although not taken directly from an extant period recipe, this comes very
close to how a period cook may have created a salad with the ingerdients at
hand. Since there are some at the feast where this is to be served that are
allergic to garlic , I have left it out, however, the addition of rubbing the
serving bowls with garlic would greatly add to the salad.           copyright
1997 L.J. Spencer.

1 gal. Violet leaves, chopped
2 quarts rose petals
1/4 cp Chives, chopped
6 bunches Green Onions, sliced into 1 “ pcs.
l6 heads Lettuce, pulled into bitesize pcs.
1/4 cp Rue, chopped finely
1/2 cp Angelica, chopped finely
1/8 cp Lavender, chopped finely
6 bunches parsly, chopped
4 tbsp dried Basil
3 tbspn dried Oregano
2 quarts Salad Oil
3 cps Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 cp water
3/4 cp sugar
1/4 cp Salt

Toss all ingredients together, mixing thoroughly. Serves 175.

Lord Ras