SC - Help with presentation

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Jun 11 18:49:15 PDT 1997

>So I was wondering, does anyone have any ideas about what might be a
>simple (i'm artistically challenged), inexpensive and mid-eastern way to
>spruce up a feast.
>
>Kael

Can you borrow some tray tables--the brass tray on top of feet that you
often see in import places that carry middle eastern stuff? My current
guess, based on some not entirely clear period references, is that the way
meals were served in al Islam in period was with people sitting on rugs,
trays loaded up in the kitchen, then trays brought in and put on their
stands. That should be easy to do, you could put the rug up on the stage if
there is one, or somewhere else appropriate, have everyone eating with his
right hand only, ...   .

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/