SC - sources for newsletter camp

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jun 16 09:46:18 PDT 1997

On Sunday, June 15, Tegan Rhos asked:

>I am doing the newsletter for our Barony and wish to start a monthly
>column of recipes that can be done at the campsite. If any one would
>like to share thier own with us I would appreciate it and promise if you
>include your address to send you the copy with your recipe in it. It can
>be period or not ,we cater to all minds in the SCA.

Although you say period or not, this is an excellant way to interest
folks in those period recipes that can be cooked in primative conditins.

You might be interested in the some of the recipes and ideas in these
files in the FOOD section of my SCA Rialto Files:

breakfast-msg     (41K)  3/20/94    What's for breakfast? SCA and period.
campfood-msg      (50K)  2/24/97    Non-refrig., period food for camping
events.
finger-foods-msg  (14K)  5/31/95    Ideas for finger foods at feasts and
events.
food-storage-msg  (72K)  5/ 1/97    Storing and preserving food in period.
Non-
                                      refrigerated food for camping and
Pennsic.

These files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Please give credit for any of these messages or recipes that you might print
to the original authors, though I would appreciate a mention of my files so
that people know where they can find more info. I will be adding more
information
to these files shortly.

Ld. Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra