Re(2)- SC - chocolate

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Jun 18 13:42:42 PDT 1997

Derdriu said on June 17,

>If you can't get Mexican chocolate bricks (which really are wonderful), then
>get some *unsweetened* baking chocolate.  Nestle makes 100% pure chocolate
- --
>not cocoa, not cocoa butter:  chocolate!  I put enough chocolate in a pot of
>boiling water to make it slightly thinner than hot cocoa.  Add cinnamon, a
>touch of jalapeno, voila.  It's also good by itself, no spices.

Interesting. I'm going to have to try this sometime.

But how do you add the jalapeno? Do you add it as pulp? squeeze it? Or
is there a dried jalapeno I'm not aware of?

Why jalapeno? From what little I've read, which doesn't include the
originals,
they seem to be talking about chili peppers, not jalapenos. They don't taste
the same.

Comments anyone?

Stefan li Rous

(I'm here in Texas where the grocery stores regularly have
a half dozen to a dozen different dried or fresh peppers for sale.)