Re(2): SC - Has anyone heard(w

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 19 05:44:47 PDT 1997

 The cactus drink is spelled pulque  (pull-kay) and it is indeed strange
and unusual stuff.  It is made from an agave cactus family and looks like a
giant yucca plant.   They use the stem after cutting off all the spiny
leaves (It looks like an odd pinaepple that way.

I did a liquor making class and one of the people involed brought in cactus
tunas from the Prickly pear cactus.  It was really a nice color but did not
taste very good.

I think all cactus alcohol is something of an acquired taste as I know
several people who have gotten very ill on tequila.  (Never swallow the
worm)

Clare St. John