SC - Medlars anyone?

Donna J. White skunkkiller at juno.com
Thu Jun 19 21:14:13 PDT 1997

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 18:25:34 -0400 (EDT) Aldyth at aol.com writes:

><< I have one tree, but the squirrels keep a watchful eye on them for
>the
> exactly perfect time to strip the tree and feast on their sweetness.
> have managed to get a few, but certainly not the amount I should get.
> can only hope those squirrels make themselves sick on MY pears.
>
> I don't know anything about them.  The tree and a couple of fig
>bushes
> were here when we moved into this house.  they are both quite
>bountiful
> (if the varmints would leave them alone).
>
> Genevieve >>
>
>Whiz down jalepenos in a blender.  Strain the product, and put the
>liquid in
>a spray bottle, or outdoor spray appliance.  Spray the tree, fruit and
>all.
> No more squirrell problem, or bug problem, or bird problem.  Works
>great on
>strawberries, and really most any fruit or veggie.  Got the idea from
>an old
>Organic Gardening book.  It works up here in Wyoming for me, and has
>in other
>locals as well.
>
>Aldyth at aol.com

Might keep the dog away from them too, don't ya think.  Unless my little
monster (Part Wolf, Part English Shepard, Part Border Collie, Part HORSE)
is like the last dog I had who would eat cotton patch onions right from
the garden.  He'd eat burned popcorn, too.  Darndest thng, he walked a
little funny for a few days and then . . . .

<BWG>

Genevieve