SC - Cactus alcohol?- Not SCA related

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 05:16:31 PDT 1997

<< << I think all cactus alcohol is something of an acquired taste as I know
  several people who have gotten very ill on tequila.  >>

To correct a minor bit of misinformation> the Blue Agave from which tequila
and mezcal are produced is NOT a cactus and is NOT remotely related to a
cactus. Agaves and cacti are both succulents just as pears and onions are
both herbaceous.

(Never swallow the  worm) >>

Why? The "legends" surrounding the eating of the worm are just that- legends.
The major difference between Mezcal and Tequila is that to be labeled
"Mezcal" the product must be grown and produced in the Mezcal area of Mexico.
The worm that IS found in the brandnames "Mezcal" and "Dos Guanos (Two
Worms)" is perfectly safe to eat and is to asll intent and purposes tasteless
and rubbery.

Many cultures the world over regularly consume insects as a daily part of
their diet. They are both extraordinarily tasty and filled with protiens and
nutrition. European cultures are unique and somewhat bizaare in the lack of
insects in their diet when compared to the majority of populations in the
world.

Lord Ras.