SC - Pool-doos?-off topic

Alys of Foxdale foxdale at wolfstar.com
Thu Jun 26 05:44:52 PDT 1997

> From: linneah at erols.com

> Does anyone from the area of Louisianna know what a pool-doo is and whether
> or not you can eat it?  We have a small wager on this.
>
> Thanks for your help

That's actually spelled "poule d'eau," despite the Cajun pronunciation
of the French.  It means "water chicken" and it's a sort of bird that
lives down there.  I understand it is highly edible; I learned about
it in the context of "poule d'eau jambalaya."

   Alys of Foxdale          Shire of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
 mka Sallie Montuori               Chantilly, Virginia, USA
foxdale at wolfstar.com