SC - Fava Beans

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 18:21:43 PDT 1997

<< They are a very
 pretty plant -- the flowers are white and purplish black. I have a couple
 of catalogs at home that sell seeds if you want to try them.  Taste wise
 the dry beans have a floury texture, I like.  There are several Roman
 recipes featuring favas that are very good so you might check them out.
         You can get fava beans at health food stores as well as  specialty
 and eastern markets. >>

Fava beans are quite similar to lima beans in taste and texture only somewhat
stronger. I would coution those of Mediterranean descent to be careful if you
have not eaten these before. People of Mediterranean descent can have
allergic reactions to these beans. It is not deadly  but is extremely
unpleasant. People of non-mediterranean descent are not known to have this
reaction.

Lord Ras