SC - All Members

Ron Martino Jr yumitori at marsweb.com
Wed Jun 4 17:00:36 PDT 1997

>        (big snip)
> >The point of this forum, if I not mistaken, is to educate. We can not
> >do that without questions, and those asking are, as far as
> >I can tell, seeking to squish creativity . . . (snip)
> >
> >Yumitori
>
> A Freudian slip, perhaps?
>
> -Sandra

	Nope, editing on the fly. I try to re-read what I've written,
especially when I delete and re-write sections of a post, but this one
slipped by me. Of course, I always see mistakes immediately when I read
what actually gets posted...

	On with the dabate -

	Several folk have spoken of the need to be sensitive to the feelings of
folk, especially newcomers, when they post, and this is very good
advice. On the other hand, those receiving what they view as criticism
need to read and re-read the post before taking offense, and consider if
there might be a less offensive message intended. I have not noted the
presence of anyone on the SCA-cooks list who is intentionally rude, so
it would be best, I think, to give each other the benefit of the doubt.

	Yumitori (who hopes he hasn't left out yet more words...)