SC - Regional cooking

Thu Jun 5 08:06:26 PDT 1997

  >From what I understand the East normally
  >cooks only medieval cuisine or mostly period food.
  >Clare St. John

  I doubt that that is true, although it is possible things have improved
  that much there.
  David/Cariadoc

I think that Cariadoc is closer to the mark.  What is true is that there is
a positive encouragement for authentic food, a lot of adventerous eaters,
and that most feasts at least attempt to serve period compatible food.

A goodly number of cooks in the East *are* into serving mostly authentic
food, and when they cook that is considered a drawing point for the event.
So I can easily see how you got the impression that you have.

	Tibor

PS. Then, of course, there is Carolingia.  Where almost every meal is
    mostly period...  we are a lucky group.