SC - Period Recipes

Volker AElfwine volker_aelfwine at juno.com
Thu Jun 5 11:39:11 PDT 1997

Good Gentles All,

	A week ago I found out that this forum existed, and although I
have not done the research not the kitchen duty to rival any of the
member, it was my interest to listen and learn.  And what I have found is
the strongest example to date of one of the societies oldest arguments,
that being between Authenticity-Mavens and Fun-Mavens.  The arguments can
not be won, and I am tired of hearing about it, on and off this listing.

	In the known world, outside this digital one, consolations are
made, friendships renewed or severed, and the arguments ends.  I have
found a mutual handshake, a coming of terms, and an offer of assistance,
taken or not, to settle the problem.  Here we can not shake hands, but
can we come to a sort of arrangement  before I leave?  We are a gentle
society, and bickering over one lords use of meatballs in a successful
feast verses another lady's documented, and yet untouched brain sausage,
does not become us.
	 Can we come to some sort of terms?  Perhaps if the Authenticity
Minded would care to suggest sources, easy changes, and some recipes to
the Comfort Minded, and if the Comfortable would perhaps listen, take
some note, and consider the advice as helpful, and not an attack, we
might be able to reach that point where we can all enjoy ourselves.
	I myself am of neither camp, or both.  I neither struggle for
nor against the trials of authenticity.  I am in no position to talk, but
as much, I feel I must say something.  Feel free to respond to what I
have said, kindly or harshly, but please make them your last retorts to
this growing arguments that leads only away from our dreams of gentle
times.  The time and energy spent on this arguments can be better put
towards better goals, like education and merriment.

	In service to my heart,

		Volker AElfwine,
		(Eden Whited II)
		Volker_AElfwine at Juno.com

PS Does anyone have any suggestions of a fun, easy meal over a campfire,
for say 3 people?  I have an event this weekend and there is no feast,
and I am planning my meals.  Period or not, I am looking for ideas.