Re(3): SC - All Members

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Fri Jun 6 09:48:20 PDT 1997

Duke Cariadoc wrote:

>At 2:42 PM -0500 6/4/97, Sue Wensel wrote:

>>1.	When people post recipes, they are *overwhelmed* with "What
>>documentation
>>	do you have" questions.

>People can't coordinate their posts. If I see a post to which the obvious
>response is X, I have no way of knowing how many other people are
>simultaneously posting X.

>David/Cariadoc
>http://www.best.com/~ddfr/

This is so very true.  Nonetheless, that people are being overwhelmed by
requests for documentation is no less true and the sheer volume of requests is
quite daunting.  I kind of like the idea of coding whether or not your recipe
is redacted from a period source; however, most redactions (or so it seems to
me) have the source supplied with it.

I only mentioned this because I have seen requests for documentation coming
hours apart (some even appear after I have seen the reply).  While most of
this is undoubtably due to the lag time of a message wending its way through
the 'net, some of this is people not reading up-to-date on a thread before
posting a question.  This is too easy to do with the volume of this list.

Derdriu
(who missed one day of work and is now over a hundred messages behind --
sloggin through thread by thread)

swensel at brandegee.lm.com