SC - Torta of Herbs(Cariadoc's Miscellany) question

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Jun 6 16:04:53 PDT 1997

<< Well, Blette is one kind of chard (French Chard, more or less) and Swiss
 Chard is, well, Swiss Chard. They are close relatives (although not
 identical), in the Brassica or cabbage family. For practical culinary
 purposes they are interchangeable. >>

M'lord Adamantius,

I must point out the the Beta (beet) family and the Brassica (cabbage,
mustard , etc.) family are NOT related even a smidgin in the plant world.
However,  you are correct in trivializing the differances between French and
Swiss Chard. Both versions of Beta are for all practical purposes identical.

If i have posted this information in error, would you please be kind enough
to send me your sourses, etc. so I could upgrade my data base? Thank-you.

Lord Ras