SC - Vinegar/verjuice

Luxiel jlv at mail1.halcyon.com
Sun Jun 8 10:27:53 PDT 1997

At 05:26 PM 6/4/97 -0500, meadhbh wrote:
>Just wondering....I purchased a product called Fusion.  It is verjuice
>from California.  It is lighter than vinegar and much more expensive.
>Was wondering if anyone has seen it around.  AND, if the process they
>use provides us with a 'period' product.

A friend of mine bought a bottle ($10 in Seattle) and I got to try it.  I
had expected it to be a bit more sour, but all in all I really liked it,
and am unsure how one would go about recreating the taste.  The closest
that I can come to is pisco (a rather nasty hard liquor from Peru).  A word
of warning, my friend's open bottle spoiled after opening while
refrigerated.  If you want to keep it long term, I would suggest freezing it.

Jean Louis (Barony of Madrone - An Tir)