SC - RE: Planning a Feast

Erin Kenny Erin.Kenny at sofkin.ca
Mon Jun 9 04:36:29 PDT 1997

> Question, I have had armored turnips before, but am not sure how
> available/costly they will be for a december feast. Would it be okay to
> substitute potatoes if the turnips turn out to be too scarce or too
> expensive?
>
> Has anyone else tasted the armored turnips before? Do you think that
> substituting potatoes would make a very big taste/texture difference?  Or,
> would I be better off looking for a different recipe altogether?  Like an
> herbed cheese pie or something?

As someone who loves turnips (particularly armored turnips), potatoes
would taste completely different.  I wouldn't even consider switching
the two.  I have never had a problem finding turnips in the middle of
winter, though.  We ALWAYS have mashed turnips at Christmas dinner.

Claricia Nyetgale
Canton of Caldrithig
Barony of Skraeling Althing
Ealdormere  (still mostly in the Middle Kingdom)