SC - Period Islamic Cooking

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Jun 10 23:53:54 PDT 1997

At 1:34 PM -0500 6/10/97, Jack Hubbard wrote:

>Greetings to all,
>I am new to this list and the SCA as well, but have  found both very
>enlighting. I have a question as to whether baba Ganouj(sp?),  hummus and
>Taboli are period foods.

I have not found period recipes for any of them. I have looked for hummus,
but not the other two.

I do have a 10th century recipe for a different eggplant dip, called
Badinjan Muhassa. You can find most of my (and Elizabeth's) worked out
recipes either in the online copy of the Miscellany at
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/miscellany.htmlor (assuming the online
copy hasn't been updated to the seventh edition yet) in the collection of
additional recipes on my web page
(http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/Medieval.html).

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/