SC - High Table presentation

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 11 12:10:50 PDT 1997

        Something that is nice to do is to have some one with a bowl of
warm scented water and a fresh linen towel going around having the head
table people rinse their hands.  It's nice to do before and after a meal or
between a messy finger food thing... I've done that before and it went over
well. You could get two people - one to hold the bowl and one to handle the
towel.  Lemon, rose,   mint, or lavender scents might work well.

        Something I experienced one time in Meridies was after the meal, a
server came and cleared off our dirty plates and cleaned them for us.
Since we were not from that Kingdom, they asked a server to do it for as a
guest.  I felt it was a very thoughtful gift.

Clare St. John