SC - Almond butter and cheese

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Fri Jun 13 12:40:15 PDT 1997

On Thursday, June 12, Aoife said:

>Almonds also add a richness you can't get with wine/water/broth. In
>addition, almonds, as you stated, thicken to an amazing degree, and not just
>when the almonds are sieved out of the almond milk. The milk itself can be
>heated and made into Almond Butter or Almond Cheese. So we have several
>purposes for those almonds besides protein on non-meat days.

Has anyone here made either this almond butter or almond cheese? How about
a redaction or two? I'm not at all sure about this almond cheese, but it
might be worth a try, after I try making some milk cheese.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com

(For some reason, my list of things to do seems to grow faster than I
can get them done especially since joining the Society. sigh)