SC - "First-naming stangers" (was_Fabulous Feasts_)

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 18:48:17 PDT 1997

<< * I feel a bit odd "first-naming" a total stranger, but I'm still
 pretty clueless about proper SCA address.

As far as the mailing lists are concerned, people are usually very informal.
 I mean, it's not like there is anything medieval about talking to each other
over computers!
If you were to meet Cariadoc at an event, and wanted to be formal, you could
either refer to him as "Duke Cariadoc" or "Your Grace".  Some of us do it
anyway out of habit; I had a really hard time writing just "Cariadoc" above.
 Also, it is appropriate to refer to anyone as "m'lord" or "m'lady" if you
don't know what their rank is.

Bronwyn (preferable to the "Lady Bronwyn" I'm entitled to, as far as I'm
concerned.)