Re(2): SC - chocolate

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Tue Jun 17 07:29:34 PDT 1997

If you can't get Mexican chocolate bricks (which really are wonderful), then
get some *unsweetened* baking chocolate.  Nestle makes 100% pure chocolate --
not cocoa, not cocoa butter:  chocolate!  I put enough chocolate in a pot of
boiling water to make it slightly thinner than hot cocoa.  Add cinnamon, a
touch of jalapeno, voila.  It's also good by itself, no spices.

I was unaware that the Spanish had chocolate before 1600; everything I had
read (not as much as I wish) had indicated that it wasn't introduced until
just before the end of period, but those sources dealt mostly with England,
France, and Italy.

Derdriu