SC - Interkingdom Cooks' Collegium

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 18 04:35:16 PDT 1997

This is multipart MIME message.

- --ajovmqvxmadvgbvuqqgntmwmhbxfym

Greetings!  Mistress Anastasia queried about the July 5 Interkingdom
Cooking/Brewing/Vinting Collegium here in Ohio (about 45 min. south of
Cleveland airport).  I am attaching the information for anyone who is
close enough and wishes to attend.

If anyone is able to attend, the site is fairly small :-( but the
company should be very congenial, especially if one can spend some time
to just visit either before or after the event.

Alys Katharine

- --ajovmqvxmadvgbvuqqgntmwmhbxfym

The Marche of the Thistle (Wooster, Ohio) will host an Interkingdom Cooking, Brewing and Vinting Collegium on July 5, 1997, at the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 272 Broad St., Wadsworth, Ohio.  Wadsworth is off I-76 about 30 miles south of Cleveland
 and 20 miles west of Akron.

The Autocrat is Master Patrick McPhelan (Robert Cripps), 3214 Styx Hill Road, Medina, OH 44526, 330-336-5832.  Classes Coordinator is now Lady Maddalena (Jeannette Cripps, same information as Autocrat).  Site opens at 9 a.m. and classes begin at 10 a.m.
There will be a lunch break from noon to 1:30.  Lunch is on your own.  Site fee is $2.00.  There is no cost for feast if you bring food (or period-type beverage) to serve 8-10.  (A copy of your recipe and its source will be appreciated.)  If you bring no
food or beverage the cost for feast is $5.00.  Classes will run all afternoon.  Dinner break is roughly from 6-7 p.m.  Socialization and discussion groups are encouraged after dinner.

Cleveland has numerous touristy attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the new Science Center plus the Cleveland Museum of Art, Lake Erie, etc.  Akron/Canton has an exciting Inventure Place where hands-on exploration of inventions is encou
raged.  Motels are available as is some crash space.  If you get cheap airfare and fly into Cleveland we will work out getting you from there to the event, if you wish.

Directions to the site:  Take your best route to I-76 (south of Cleveland; west of Akron).  Turn left on Rt. 57 (Exit 7).  You will be going south.  Take the first left after the highway which will lead to Grennich Road.  (The off-ramp empties onto Greenw
ich Rd.)  Turn right onto Greenwich.  Greenwich will soon become College St.  Continue on College St. until you reach the town square.  Continue straight across the square.  The road has now become Broad St.  Sacred Heart Church is on the left side, appro
ximately 1/4 mile.

The Autocrat does not have e-mail access.  You may contact Dame Alys Katharine (alysk at ix.netcom.com) for information by e-mail.

- --ajovmqvxmadvgbvuqqgntmwmhbxfym--