SC - Feast Themes/gingerbread

Nick Sasso (fra niccolo) grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 18 10:53:10 PDT 1997

> I hope you are not suggesting that inhabitants of the New World used
> bread to
> make their houses.  Adobe is a baked mud brick -- the exact formula, I
> don't
> know, I believe has some clay worked into it.
>
> Derdriu

  Indeed!  You have to see this stuff being made to truly appreciate the
metaphor.  Adobe is a clay compound that had manure and chaff added to
the 'mud' to increase  to the stability and durability (like rebar for
concrete) once it had was dried.  I would never insinuate that
Margritte's cooking resembled such things.......only the possibilities
as a potential building material if sun dried.  It appears that only
Anglo-Europeans made houses of bread.  The 'barbarians' had more sense
and missed the Rennaissance altogether.

- --
In Humble Service to God and Crown;

fra nicol¢ difrancesco